←  Tischtennis Beläge
Logo Tischtennis Pur
zurück zu Tischtennis pur

Foren Archiv Tischtennis pur 2006-2018

Warum behandelte Glattnoppen so gefährlich...

MaikS's Foto MaikS 21 Okt 2006

So, mal für alle, die des englischen mächtig sind und schon immer wissen wollten, warum behandelte GLN (Glatte Lang Noppen) prinzipiell gefährlicher sind...

By: Tom (ZeroPong)

Credits: 3 years formulary development, other credits: Mr. Tian (Rubber Technician China and MBA chemistry), Mr. Zheng (independent advisor PHD chemical engineering China). I have had the privileged opportunity of discussing rubber formulary with the above mentioned gentlemen and they have helped me greatly.

Why this article now?

Basically I have battled a moral dilemma, the Devil lost this one and my soul has been saved for another day, (**I will explain this later).

Treated pips insanely deadly much more deceptive than 3:1 aspect ever dreamed of being.

HOW THEY WORK:

Run a ball across the top treated long pips and the ball makes a scratchy sound with almost no friction, then run the ball on the logo of the same rubber. The logo will be a little grippy like normal pips. The sides of the pips will be just like the logo, (mildly grippy), this is VERY IMPORTANT.

Now you have a pip top that is slick and pip sides that are grippy.

Treated pips on chops or light pushes are VERY predictable, (just returning the opponents spin), the troubles happen when the pips get mashed and the pips slick tops move to the side revealing the grippy sides, the ball will be “kicked” by the grippy sides of the mashed pips and the result is an EXTREMELY random return. Strokes have developed to help this effect, players who have faced treated pips wonder why their opponents just seem to hold the bat and block it back, I call this a “mush ball”, and it is purposely done to mash the pips thus exposing the grippy sides to cause a random kick.

HOW TO:

Take any long pip, (the attacking ones work better 755 and Double fish ect…), purchase cyanoacrylate-based glue Thin grade (aka super glue). Coat the pip tops with the glue and in 15 seconds you have a slick top long pip that has grippy pip sides, (just like the $50.00 sheets of special LP’s).

Mass production:

We, (ZeroPong), used a steel tray and a stainless steel roller 8” wide, the tray was filled with a custom ethyl cyanoacrylate, (Grade: Thin, Viscosity: 5cps, Cure time: 90sec), the roller was a little submerged in the glue and you just run the pips on the SS roller. The Thin grade of ethyl cyanoacrylate soaks into the pip tops and becomes part of the top of the pip.

Can it get any worse? YES!!

**(deal with the Devil): We, (ZeroPong), have developed a very sticky rubber, specifically derived from the Wang Nan(SP) formulary extremely sticky spin Long Pips, they pick the ball off the table and are therefore illegal according to the ITTF. We took these pips and coated them with our custom grade of super glue and it was like magic, (black magic), and they meet ITTF specs, as they would not perceptibly pick a ball up after treatment. You could loop, not just vs. / backspin but re loop! Once the pips were brushed to the side it was like an inverted rubber! The “mush ball” was even more disturbing than the regular treated long pips.

Conclusion:

I love to watch tactical players; I do not want to see long pips banned. The treated pips need to be stopped from production. I could have made some quick money from this considering I sell a sheet of 755 for $5.50 and could re submit under a different name and get a minimum of $35.00 after treatment. If a company decided to make an inverted rubber that was like glass on the bottom for service return or deception and spinney as heck on the top 3/4, it would be QUICKLY banned, so why allow a pip that is slick on the top and grippy on the sides?

ZeroPong nor any of the producers products we carry have ever produced a treated pip under the 729, Gambler Sports USA, or Gold Way brand for public release. We have not released nor promoted any of the prototypes described in the above article.

Hey, thanks for your time.

Tom

Artikel und woher er kommt ist relativ selbsterklärend...

MfG Maik

schlaflos's Foto schlaflos 31 Okt 2006

... und das geht nicht gegen den Artikel oder Spieler, die es schaffen mit diesen oder vergleichbaren Noppen umzugehen!!! Es gibt nichts Ästhetischeres also einen mit Topspin losgestokelten Schupfball :twisted:

Im Ernst, diese ganze Noppendiskussion ist doch nur deshalb so interessant, weil alle Regeländerungen der letzten Jahre (Aufschläge, Ballgröße, Zählweise) den althergebrachten Offensivspielern viele Möglichkeit zu einem effektiven Zerstören dieser sündhaft teuren Sportgeräte genommen hat :lol:

Im Prinzip bleibt doch alles beim Alten: dort wo Tischtennis als wirklicher Sport betrieben wird (RL und höher) haben sich diese Kreativitätsbeschleuniger (noch?) nicht durchgesetzt. In den unteren Klassen sollte man sie eher als eine Bereicherung ansehen, vor allem wenn GLN-Spieler gegeneinander spielen: das ist oft an Dramatik und Spielkultur kaum zu überbieten :oops:

Also noch einmal ... lasst doch der technischen Entwicklung ihren Lauf ... jedes Verbot bedeutet Stillstand ... nur nehmt nicht den Leuten, die jahrelang hart mit Ihrem vielleicht "veralteten" Material trainiert haben, noch die letzten Mittel, wie bspw. das Frischkleben ... das halte ich nämich für gefährlich!!! ... spielen erst genug Leute GLN, dann ist es wieder normal!!! und solche technischen Innovationen hat unsere geliebte Kunst schon häufiger überdauert ...

So, nun habe ich mich meiner ganzen Freude über die Regelgewaltigen in ITTF, DTTB und wer weiß wo noch wieder mal so richtig hingegeben und gar nichts zum Material gesagt ... hm ... ich finde die Superklebervariante zumindest richtig schlau!!!
:wink: ... und werde beim nächsten Schupftopspin erfürchtig :shock: machen